Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Montana...... Bingo!

So once upon a time we were at the senior citizen center up in Montana, where we go at least one day cause my Grandma Joan is like in charge of the whole thing, playing bingo. My dad had been messing with Kars bingo board covering certain numbers over when they werent being called. So Karlee in return covered B 4 but later they called that number so it wasnt that big of deal. Then she covered B 10. Well even later dad only had "one" left, so he was getting all excited and doing the telepathy thing "O 68" well the dude called it and dad got sooo HAPPY! But me and Kar were laughing sooo hard and crying and we were trying to get him not to say it but he said BINGO! Which made us laugh even harder! So the lady checked it but was like "Um he didnt call B 10" Holy crap dad got so sad, but was laughing and even said that it was a good one. Oh man good times.

So every time we go up to Seeley, we always wanted to go to the LDS church up there. So finally we were like this time WE WILL! So before we realized it was Fast & Testimony weekend, we had already decided to go. We either thought this will be super boring slash awkward with like ten people ( three including us) or a really good experience hearing peoples testimonies from a really small non Mormon town. Well we get there and they dont have a chapel just a relief society room where they do the whole sha bang. So I kept thinking its okay it will be fun......

The time went by way fast! There were quite a bit of people there and never a dull moment. I mean to start of the meeting with the choir director removing her retainer out of her mouth.... I knew this meeting was going to be special.

So with about 10 minutes left I was like you know this meeting has been really really great hearing about how these people kinda function in this small town and not being over populated with Mormons. So this old gentle men gets and and he looks like a cookie old guy so I turned to Kar and said "Hes my new best friend" before he even said a word. DOUBLE U OH DOUBLE U (aka wow) He was a yeller!!! Man and as soon as he got up you could see the "regular church goers" shake their heads and started to brace themselves. HE WENT OFF ON OBAMA AND THE WHITE HOUSE AND GLENN BECK! Let me list some memorable quotes
"Get on your white horse and carry the torch of righteousness for Glenn Beck."
"Pray to give Glenn Beck super natural powers."
"The communist in the white house is going to send out spies to our homes and find out our family secrets!"
Our children are going to pay the price for these communist!"
Jiminy Crickets!
I could not look at the guy but Kar said he was staring right at us the entire time. Yikes. I started giggling and there were only like four rows of chairs so Im pretty sure he knew I was laughing but I wasnt the only one. But oh man it was the most memorable experience ever. And the worst part is that even though there were some great testimonies, they will ever more be over shadowed by the crazy Glenn Beck guy.

Best fast and testimony ever though!!!

The End

Here are some pictures from Montana

The Grandmas putting the dinosaur puzzle together... I did most of it though.
My Uncle Jims, Uncle Bobs, my dads, and Aunt Pattys tassels that are up at our cabin I though it looked like a cool picture.

The cabin.... can you spot KarLee holding something.....

3 comments:

kristen davis said...

HAHAHA oh my goodness! that bingo story totally cracked me up!!! okay and the testimony story. okay and the retainer story. hahaha it made my night.

ps i just noticed you called me. but its now 11:43pm so i don't think i'll call you tonight...its a little late :]

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

As soon as I read the word" retainer" I knew this was a special post! HA HA HA...wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that meeting.

Ashley Case said...

We need to track down that old man! I don't know him, but I love him. I was thinking about incorporating some of his quotes into my farewell talk just to keep everyone on their toes. What do you think?